Hello! It’s 2013 and we haven’t met here in cyberville for quite awhile. Today is the official close of the holiday season here at McGriff Station. As always I’m vowing to do better next year by starting earlier and taking more time off work! Ollie turned two amid this sparkling season and it shows. I’m frequently exposed to public tantrums and willful acts of disobedience to test my mental stability. His vocabulary and wit have accelerated as well keeping Lynden and I guessing until we get it right. Here’s a quick list of our “bests”
1. Ollie got a Brio train set from my Mom and Dad for Christmas. It’s now the center of his and subsequently our universe. We’ve been woken up several times each night with requests to play “frain” and put cars on the “frack.”
2. Ollie had a 2 year well check this morning with his pediatrician Dr. Weaver. When we told him about it this morning he quickly responded, “Am I a sick?”
3. ”Hold You”-our favorite phrase this season. Ollie’s still working out the rules of language so for now we get, “Hold You!” each time he’s feeling a bit needy.
4. ”I want it, meat”-another favorite way O uses to ask for a quick run through McDonalds for a dry Cheeseburger.
5. ”Hear it….Frain” Ollie’s best moments of the day when we hear the Amtrak race down the track.
We hope your holiday’s brought sweet memories. We’re grateful for a new season of life in 2013. Thank you to all of you that sent cards and letters this Christmas, Ollie enjoyed looking at all of your pictures and naming your names. More posts to come as winter blows on!